BAHUT SCOPE HAI BHAI..!!

Well... the memory trail goes back to 2004 when I first heard about the so called scope of Biotechnology with an excellent stats of placements from different institutions. And as it happened to all my colleagues, the pseudo placement stats made me crazy about this Biotech stuff followed by day dreams of earning 40K immediately after graduation and blah blah....!

So I got into this college for B.Sc. and paid a donation as well in the name of development fund while I could have easily gotten into Maharashtra's one of the best Engineering Colleges. Anyways, so my craziness continued as we started learning and went on and on. 

The question WHY never peeped into my head as if I was lost in the unfathomable data of genetic code. Finally, the bubble of Bahut Scope Hai bursted and I went into temporary shock which made me crazier and i decided to pursue Masters in Biotechnology.

Finally, after a long struggle I gotten into really good institution to finally realize the importance and significance of studying Biotechnology. The cover on my eyes was removed, and here comes the twist, I decided to pursue doctorate in Biotechnology. A couple of years of struggle, and I was almost registered for PhD.

However, finally the question why peeped into my mind and I stopped for a while. Later decided not to pursue PhD. Reason being, I don't see any productive research happening in India. Universities and affiliated institutions are doing research just for the sake of it. Research fellows are ill paid. Funding are scarce. Amidst all this, we expect our research organization to come up with out of the world innovations. NO WAY! This just seems impossible. And so I left the Scope wala field.

Couple of days before, I went to reunion of graduation college to find only two friends from my batch are working in the field of Biotech (one of them is in UK). On the other hand, the college is running the course full fledgedly, 

Being into the field, all I have realized is you need to stick to the basics and then build anything you want on it. All dreams will be realized if your foundation is strong.. be it Biotechnology or any other field for that matter..

Reciting the line of poem from the movie Interstellar..
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Keep Striving!! 


-- until next time -- 

Comments

  1. TOTALLY AGREED DADA. FOR THE SAME REASONS I QUIT PHD TOO EVEN THOUGH AFTER QUALIFYING CSIR-NET. BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOURAV MAHAJAN- YOUR JUNIOR IN GRAD COLLEGE :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Starbucks vs. SardarBuksh

Trade Marks and U(nu)sual Misunderstandings

The Jurisdiction Saga on the interplay of the Design Act, 2000 and the Commercial Courts Act, 2015